We are delighted that you are interested in submitting an idea for the Tekeleza Prize! The steps below detail the process.
Step 1 – Eligibility Criteria
Review the below eligibility criteria to ensure you/your organisation meets all the listed criteria.
- Submissions will be accepted by individuals or organisations. Applicants may be international, national, or local/community-based but must have a bank account to take part. No Kenyan government organisation (at state or county level) can take part.
- Each submission must contain only one business idea.
- Submissions must not contain material or an idea that violates, or could violate, any applicable laws.
- All applicants must adhere to the rules and regulations set out in the Terms and Conditions
Requirements for winners
Winners will be expected to attend the award ceremony in person unless there are exceptional circumstances (travel expenses will be paid),
Step 2 - Registration
Applicants can apply online. Click on Apply Now in order to register and check out our Guidelines to help you with your application.
Step 3 – Evaluation
Once the competition closes an Independent Judging Panel will evaluate all submissions that meet the eligibility criteria. The evaluation criteria is as follows:
- Quality of business idea and associated financial model – 40%
- Extent to which the business idea can demonstrate a potential demand for the service offered – 15%
- Extent to which the business idea targets vulnerable communities – 15%
- Degree of innovation in the uses of Climate Information in the business idea – 10%
- Extent to which the business idea has the potential to be sustainable and replicable – 10%
- Extent to which the business idea if fair and equitable – 10%
Step 4 – Due Diligence
Due diligence assessments will be undertaken of the top highest scoring applicants to ensure their submission complies with the terms and conditions. The applicants will then be invited to showcase their idea to the judges.
Step 5 – Award
Assuming applicants pass the due diligence assessment, they will be awarded the prize! This will take place at an Award’s ceremony where we will invite interested industry players.
Wordpress themes JazzSurf